What is Aligner Therapy?
Aligner therapy uses a series of customized, clear aligners to straighten teeth in a quicker amount of time and with fewer office visits than traditional braces. Thousands of orthodontists in the United States and Canada use Aligner braces to accurately and effectively treat their patients. Aligners are:
- Completely invisible – Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them! Friends, family members and co-workers may never even know you are wearing braces, unless of course you tell them!
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues like traditional braces often can.
- Customized just for you – Your aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Dr. Abari uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, then he customizes each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable –Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle with Aligners!
- Effective – You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are complete within one year; however this can vary from patient to patient.
Why you need to consider an Aligner treatment
People everywhere are beginning to experience the benefits of Aligner Therapy treatment. Here’s why people just like you are choosing Alingers over traditional braces:
- With Aligners you can have a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional braces. Aligners helps improve your overall oral health by making it easier to brush and floss, while also maintaining the proper tooth structure.
- Aligners are removable making it easy for you to enjoy the foods you love without worrying about breaking your appliance. You can also remove your Aligners to brush and floss regularly.
- You don’t need to change anything about your current lifestyle! With Aligners you can continue participating in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Aligners are great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. You will also need to schedule fewer appointments throughout your entire treatment.
How will the plastic Invisalign aligners straighten my teeth?
The most commonly asked question from our patients is “how long will this treatment take?” With traditional braces, treatment times can take between 18 and 30 months; but with Aligner treatment, it may only take between nine to 15 months. That’s almost half the time of traditional braces!
When you begin your Aligner treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for only two weeks. After two weeks you can switch your aligners with the next set and continue straightening your teeth. Over time you will notice changes in the alignment of your teeth, and in just a few months you will have a straighter, healthier smile!
Schedule an initial consultation today with Dr. Abari to learn how Aligner Therapy can straighten your teeth.
What does Abari offer?
Dr. Abari provides orthodontic treatment with the Abari Clear Aligners and the Invisalign appliance.
ABARI clear aligners are designed and fabricated utilizing cutting edge technology driven by artificial intelligence at our clinic. ABARI clear aligners are the next generation alternative clear aligners to the traditional Invisalign appliance.
Dr. Abari is a clear aligner therapy expert and has a deep understanding of how to move teeth using plastic. He lectures nationally and internationally on in-clinic aligners and 3D printing.
He developed a digital workflow at Abari to offer a better service to his patients with higher precision and customization.
What is Clear Aligner Therapy?
Clear Aligner Therapy is a method that orthodontists or dentists use to move your teeth with a series of computer designed plastic aligners and to position them into correct alignment.
Aligners are clear plastic trays that fit closely over the teeth, apply pressure on the teeth and slowly but steadily move them.
The practice of moving teeth with plastic has existed for over 50 years. In 1971, Dr. Robert Ponitz demonstrated for the first time that teeth can be moved by an invisible retainer.
Then, Zia Chishti used this concept and invented the clear Invisalign system – a computer-assisted approach that slowly moves teeth with a series of aligner trays. Each invisalign tray is specifically designed to move teeth closer to the desired final position and give you that perfectly aligned smile.
Major reasons to pick clear aligners over traditional braces:
- You are mainly driven by esthetics and are not interested in clear traditional braces
- You like to remove the appliance while eating
- You prefer an easier approach to clean your teeth
- You are interested in temporarily removing appliances for special events. For example a presentation at school, a job interview, an important meeting or a date.
The major challenge with clear aligners, including Invisalign, is wearing the aligner for 18-22 hours a day to straighten your teeth and correct your bite. This rule applies to any removable appliance that aims to move teeth.
Primary reasons for unsuccessful clear aligner therapy are losing the clear aligners or forgetting to wear them frequently. Your teeth move back to their initial position when you are not wearing your aligner because the force created by the aligner is eliminated.
Clear aligners are designed and built based on a digital simulation of teeth in their ideal positions. In order to fabricate the clear aligners, a digital scan, or an impression, of your teeth imported into software that allows an orthodontist or dentist to digitally move your teeth to their ideal positions. The software then generates several dental models in which your teeth have been gradually moved to their ideal position. A commercial or an in-house lab will 3D print these models and manufacture the clear aligners aka trays by a thermo vacuum forming process.
Do clear aligners really work?
Not a single day goes by that we get this question: do aligners really work? Clear aligners similar to other orthodontic appliances are tools that help an orthodontist to move teeth. The approach to move teeth with aligners is different from metal braces. The skills of the orthodontist and patient compliance in full time wear of these aligners are the essential factors in success of orthodontic treatment with clear aligners or Invisalign.
What are the different types of clear aligners?
Several types of clear aligners are available in the market. The clear Invisalign appliance has been around the longest. It is a well-developed appliance used by orthodontists and dentists to correct mild to severe malocclusions. The most essential factors in a successful treatment with Invisalign are compliance of the patient as well as the knowledge of the provider on how to use the appliance.
The existing alternative clear aligner systems are Clear Correct, and this list is growing. Some of these appliances are proper choices for a moderate to mild malocclusion.
INVISALIGN VS CLEAR ALIGNERS
Who can provide Clear Aligner Therapy?
Orthodontists and general dentists both provide clear aligner therapy.
Orthodontists have received an extra two to three years of comprehensive training following dental school, so that they are specialized in moving teeth.
Consulting with an orthodontist allows you to identify potential problems with your bite, which requires proper and deep understanding of orthodontic science.
Moving one crooked tooth might look simple, however it could create fundamental problem in your bite, which requires lots of time and money to fix. Aligning crooked teeth are often more complicated than it may appear.
How much is Clear Aligner Therapy a month?
The cost of orthodontic treatment is mostly independent of the appliances. Extra cost is often because of unconventional appliances like mini-screws.
Cost of treatment with aligners ranges from $1800 to $8000. Factors that determine this cost are the type of the provider (orthodontist vs dentist), direct supervision as opposed to mail order aligners, and complexity of the treatment.
Cost of clear aligner therapy at our clinic is often similar to treatment with conventional metal braces.