Dr. Apel Keuroghlian DDS, MD
- MD: UCLA Medical Center, Los
- DDS: USC School of Dentistry,
Los Angeles, CA
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & General Surgery Internships: UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Apel Keuroghlian is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon that graduated from UCLA. His career began with a biomedical/biochemical engineering degree from the University of Southern California, where he graduated among the top of his class. Throughout his undergraduate education in engineering, Dr. Apel researched the effects of the different surface characteristics of implants and their integration with bone. He later decided to further his education by obtaining a dental degree from USC. While at the USC School of Dentistry, Dr. Apel received several endowed scholarships for academics/research including the California Dental Association research scholarship and academic scholarship as well as the Class of 1964 endowed scholarship. He once again graduated amongst the top of his class. Dr. Apel truly enjoyed the surgical aspect of dentistry while in dental school and decided to further his education In Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at UCLA which includes a Medical Degree from UCLA as well as a internship certificate in general surgery. He currently holds a faculty position at UCLA as well.
Dr. Apel truly enjoys what he does and is committed to enhancing patient care by integrating his engineering, dental and surgical skills and education. He hopes to pursue research in the future, but is dedicated to patient care as his first priority. Dr. Apel is fluent in both English and Armenian. When not working, Dr. Apel enjoys travelling, skiing, playing basketball or just hanging out with his friends.
Reasons for extracting wisdom teeth at an early age, BEFORE complete root formation.
- Easier for patients, less invasive treatment
- Simplified surgical procedure for oral surgeon to remove partially developed vs. completely developed tooth
- Shorter appointment length, less anesthetic time and quicker recovery
- Less likelihood of lip numbness
- More stable orthodontic result
- Greatly reduces possibility of lower anterior crowding
- Reduces need for orthodontic retreatment due to crowding
Dr. Robert Hou
Dr. Robert Hou has been practicing dentistry for over 10 years. He and his wife have been married for over 16 years and they have 3 boys. He enjoys skiing. Dr. Hou's philosophy regarding patient care is "A patient can expect a friendly staff to greet you, explanations of the procedures including risks/benefits and questions answered."
- MD: State of New York, Stony Brook School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY
- DDS: Columbia University, College of Dental Medicine, New York, NY
- Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery
- Dentoalveolar Surgery
- General Anesthesia
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
We now offer Friday and Saturday appointments for Oral Surgery Procedures!
Reminder: All oral surgery procedures are done only in our San Dimas office.